Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I'm back, I'm back, as the Michael Jackson song goes. Or, I thought it went like that. It should.
I'm back from the East Coast, which is where I went for a lovely holiday. We all had a very good time, whether we were beaching, barbecueing (?) or browsing [shops]. Nice and hot most days, except yesterday when I think the ice may have melted in Antarctica and made its way over here. Not to worry.
Also...
I KNAT!
That's right, I knat*. I also learnt to finger knit and relearnt casting on. Mmm. Yarn.
Lots of things inspired my great come back. Katt. AJ. It's my Party and I'll Knit if I Want To. Vickie Howell. And the way our house is full of wool.
Nope, nothing exciting made yet. Yes, I have been trying 'free form', if that means doing whatever you want to. As I told AJ, "I'm knitting rows, I'm purling rows and sometimes I just throw the stitches off!"
I was having a grand old time until it was time for bed, then I frogged everything I did and left the scrumptious sock yarn in a ball on the ground, full of bouncy woolergy and...um...
Thanks Slim Suzy.
Oh, and 'It's My Party and I'll Knit if I Want To' is a fabby book by Sharon Aris. It's Australian, it's honest and it's interesting. Oh, and full of inspirational girls (and a couple of boys).
Sigh.
I wonder how long this knitting spree will last.

Little Purl xx

*Knat - plural. Also known as knitted.

4 comments:

2paw said...

Is Michael Jackon 'Bad, I'm Bad' maybe?????? Anyhow, glad you had a nice holiday. VERY nice green blog!! Have you seen Knitty Gritty?? It is on Austar and stars Vickie Howell herself. She did 'teen' knitting: a tank top!!!

Slim Suzy said...

Glad you had a nice holiday. Sounds like great fun.
Also glad you "knat" again.

Katt said...

I have read that book "its my party and I'll knit if I want to" Its a good book! I really enjoyed it

Have you been playing with the sock wool your mother got from me? lol

Katt

knitabulous said...

I knat. I like that. My daughter asked me was I crocherating the other day, I liked that one too.